Java programmable communication unit
The S5 CommPro is a wireless modem for data transmission. This high-quality sitec systems product is highly flexible in terms of both its configuration and application. The S5 CommPro can be upgraded in various ways and can also be programmed if required. Programming is simplified by using open source tools such as Eclipse or Netbeans, and by using sitec systems' S65X Framework, various software tools and training courses. The S5 CommPro is E1 and CE certified, and it forms the basis for the custom solutions developed by sitec systems.
A project-specific housing and equipment can be realized upon request.
- Ideal for use in vehicles, devices and systems
- Large range of interfaces and ease of programming mean it can be customised to meet many needs in transport and industry
- Can be used as a data logger, data terminal and protocol converter
- For use in ticket terminals, gearbox control, monitoring and transmitting vehicle data in forestry and agriculture, order management by communicating with navigation device, remotely reading digital tachographs, writing parameters and sending them to vehicles and machines, and as a standalone backup for automatic communication systems.
- GSM / GPRS / UMTS / LTE Cat. 1
- 1x I²C
- 2x CAN
- 3 x DI/DO
- 1x AI
- Real time clock
- 2 LEDs
Further details can be found in our datasheet.
- S5240: GPRS, EDGE, GSM, 10 MB Flash, 5 MB RAM
- S5300: UMTS, HSDPA, GPRS, EDGE, 10 MB Flash, 10 MB RAM
- S5400: LTE Cat. 1, GPRS, GSM, 18 MB Flash, 31 MB RAM
The device S5 CommPro can be upgraded with expansions modules at a internal interface to meet custom requirements. This interface is called Feature Connector (FC). The expansions bears the prefix FC.
Every FC board has an own protocol processor with the specific firmware for the expansion and the firmware for the proprietary STS protcol. Complete protocol stacks can be implemented.
- FC101: FC COMM 485 (RS485, I2C) - Multi bus interface
- FC102: FC COMM ETH (100 Mbit Ethernet Phy)
- FC103: FC FDR (8x AI, 8x DI, 4x DO, RS232) - Multi-IO
- FC104: FC KLINE (2x Kline) - Dual KLine interface
Environmental parameters and certifications:
- E1 046047, CE EN 55022/9.98+A1/10.00 +A2/1.03;
- EN 55024/9.98+A1/10.01 +A2/1.03),
Tested in compliance with:
- IEC60068-2-2 „Dry heat“
- IEC60068-2-78 „Damp heat, steady state“
- IEC60068-2-30 „Damp heat, cyclic“
(Standard aluminium box, see top photo)